Re: crash with sql language partition support function

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: crash with sql language partition support function
Date: 2018-04-12 12:55:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit Langote wrote:

> Anyway, after reading your replies, I thought of taking a stab at unifying
> the partitioning information that's cached by relcache.c.

Wow. Now that's one large patch. I'm going to run with this for HEAD,
but I think we should do a minimal fix for PG10. Did you detect any
further bugs, while doing all this rework, apart from the one that
started this thread? If not, I would prefer to do commit the minimal
fix at start of thread to both branches, then apply the larger
restructuring patch to HEAD only.

For the record, I don't like the amount of code that this is putting in
relcache.c. I am thinking that most of that code will go to
src/backend/partitioning/partbounds.c instead.