Re: deparsing utility commands

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: deparsing utility commands
Date: 2015-05-11 22:25:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Steele wrote:

> I have reviewed and tested this patch and everything looks good to me.
> It also looks like you added better coverage for schema DDL, which is a
> welcome addition.

Thanks -- I have pushed this now.

My hope is to get this test module extended quite a bit, not only to
cover existing commands, but also so that it causes future changes to
cause failure unless command collection is considered. (In a previous
version of this patch, there was a test mode that ran everything in the
serial_schedule of regular regression tests. That was IMV a good way to
ensure that new commands were also tested to run under command
collection. That hasn't been enabled in the new test module, and I
think it's necessary.)

If anyone wants to contribute to the test module so that more is
covered, that would be much appreciated.