Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662

From: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error: could not find pg_class tuple for index 2662
Date: 2011-07-31 08:17:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:31:31PM -0700, daveg wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 07:45:01PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > REINDEX. My guess is that this is happening either right around the
> > time the VACUUM FULL commits or right around the time the REINDEX
> > commits. It'd be helpful to know which, if you can figure it out.
>
> I'll update my vacuum script to skip reindexes after vacuum full for 9.0
> servers and see if that makes the problem go away. Thanks for reminding
> me that they are not needed. However, I suspect it is the vacuum, not the
> reindex causing the problem. I'll update when I know.

Here is the update: the problem happens with vacuum full alone, no reindex
is needed to trigger it. I updated the script to avoid reindexing after
vacuum. Over the past two days there are still many ocurrances of this
error coincident with the vacuum.

-dg

--
David Gould daveg(at)sonic(dot)net 510 536 1443 510 282 0869