Re: Email filter problem with 'index'

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Email filter problem with 'index'
Date: 2011-03-16 14:36:58
Lists: pgsql-www

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2011, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> >> Anyone that sends a 'help' to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org will get a full
> >> list of all admin commands ... just because you haven't gone past
> >> subscribe/unsubscribe doesn't mean nobody has :)
> >
> > True. The question is how many people are doing that vs. how many
> > people accidentally have these words in their email text. We know
> > "index" was one of them, so it was removed. Any others?
>
> Few ppl would know, since their messsages would still get to the lists,
> and, generally, with very little delay, except on some of the fringe lists
> where we dont' have redundant moderators ...

I think only the moderators would know how many of the majordomo emails
are being caught by the filters below. My guess is that there are very
few aside from subscribe/unsubscribe. "who", "which", and "info" seem
like they are likely to be caught in normal emails.

What if we disable most of these and see how many get through to our
list, again keeping subscribe/unsubscribe and "remove me"?