Re: mailing list archiver chewing patches

From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Cc: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams(at)toroid(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2010-01-12 21:33:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

* Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> [100112 16:28]:

> > 1) A nice normalized DB schema representing mail messages and their
> > relations to other message and "recipients" (or "folders")
>
> We're now hoping that this one will fit:
>
> http://www.archiveopteryx.org/schema

Yup, and it provides a lot more too, which could probably be safely
ignored.

> > 2) A "injector" that can parse an email message, and de-compose it into
> > the various parts/tables of the DB schema, and insert it
>
> aox has that either as a bulk importer or as a MDA.

Yup, LMTP is ideally suited for that too.

> > 3) A nice set of SQL queries to return message, parts, threads,
> > folders based on $criteria (search, id, folder, etc)
>
> I guess Matteo's working on that…

Right, but this is where I want to see the AOX schema "imporove"... In
ways like adding persistant tables for threading, which are updated by
triggers as new messages are delivered, etc. Documented queries that
show how to use CTEs, ltree, etc to get threaded views, good FTS support
(with indexes and triggers managing them), etc.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk Create like a god,
aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca command like a king,