Re: Amazon EC2 | Any recent developments

From: David Kerr <dmk(at)mr-paradox(dot)net>
To: AJAY A <aagrawalla(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Amazon EC2 | Any recent developments
Date: 2009-06-15 18:52:30
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:12:32AM -0700, AJAY A wrote:
- Hello All,
-
- I am investigating the possibility of hosting pgsql 8.3 on Amazon EC2
- & implementing a simple HA solution. My search of postgresql & amazon
- cloud has produced little result. Just wondering if there has been
- any recent development with EBS etc. and anybody would care to share
- their experiences.

We've been researching Cloud/EC2 as well. The consensus so far from RightScale,
and IBM (the first 2 we've spoken with) is that if I/O performance is important to
you, then stay away from the cloud. (it's just VMs afterall)

Dave