Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: State of PostgreSQL, BOF at OSCON?
Date: 2008-05-29 16:26:03
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 29 May 2008 12:03:15 Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Robert Treat
>
> <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> wrote:
> >>
> >> I love lightning talks, and would enjoy giving the State Of Pg talk.
> >> I defer to those who have being doing this for a while, though :)
> >>
> >> I'll, of course, be there for the BoF and can help out in any way.
> >> I'll have some special tshirts to share.
> >
> > I normally put in for a BOF as part of my regular OSCon prep, but has
> > someone already put in for the booth? IIRC Drake usually handles that?
>
> Oops! Sorry, Robert. I put the request in already. I mentioned all
> the regular suspects by name, and I'll see if I can add a few of you
> to the talk.

No problem... note that the "State of" talk occures during the conference
proper, during a "state of projects" lightning talk session starting Thursday
morning. The BOF itself happens after hours (you should angle for Thursday
@7:30PM if possible), and as long as we have one designated contact, we can
do whatever we want during that time.

> JD had requested the booth already. Gabrielle Roth was going to
> manage volunteers and booth setup this year.

cool.

--
Robert Treat