Re: Public announcement

From: Koen Martens <gmc(at)sonologic(dot)nl>
To: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Public announcement
Date: 2008-05-27 14:14:39
Lists: pgeu-general

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 09:49:58AM +0200, damien clochard wrote:
> On april 26th, 2008 the French Official Journal published the public
> announcement of PostgreSQL Europe. This was the last step of the
> legal/adminstrative work to create PostgreSQL Europe association.
>
> I('m happy the announce that all legal stuffs are done. The PostgreSQL Europe
> association is now fully and officialy founded.

Yay!

> You can check the public announcement on our brand new wiki :
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.eu/wiki/Image:Postgresql_europe_jo.pdf

Brrr, pdf :)

> Next step is now to search for a bank and open an account for the association.
> If any of you has some experience on managing a bank account for an European
> non-profit , please share with us :-)

I don't have much experience regarding that, it just seems that it would
be wise to have the account in the same country as that of incorporation
(so that would be France, no?).

Of course, the bank must be using PostgreSQL :)

A small tip: make sure that the treasurer is not the only person who can
access the account, that might lead to some inconvenient situations.

Best,

Koen