Re: backup WAL files,

From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia(at)l00-bugdead-prods(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: backup WAL files,
Date: 2008-01-16 07:45:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Tom Davies <tgdavies(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > On 16/01/2008, at 2:41 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> You definitely should not expect to convert the names to integers.
>
> > Presumably you can convert them to 96 bit integers? i.e. they are
> > always strings of hex characters?
>
> You could, but in most scripting languages I can think of, it'd be
> a lot easier just to treat them as strings.
yeah, I tried to convert the whole filename into an integer, and then
compare it, but the int was too large then, therefore I only took the last 9
hex digits and converted these.

Anybody knows in which source file the filename is generated, then I can
take a look by myself and get all the details how it is done?

thanks for your insights
Sebastian