Re: pgpool question?

From: CaT <cat(at)zip(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Charles(dot)Hou" <ivan(dot)hou(at)msa(dot)hinet(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool question?
Date: 2007-09-20 11:55:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 09:59:22PM -0700, Charles.Hou wrote:
> i have installed the pgpool in the server and start it. but how can i
> know it's working? i means that the clients connected to the
> database
> by the pgpool.

The latest versions of pgpool2 (I don't use pgpool) have connection
logging, so you could use that.

You could use netstat (under linux and most other unixes) to see what
host:port connections are going to.

You could use strace (under linux) on either the software or pgpool
to see if the software is connection to the right place and/or that
pgpool is getting connections.

Just some ideas. :)

--
"To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
greatest tribute."