Re: strpos() && KMP

From: Decibel! <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Pavel Ajtkulov <ajtkulov(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strpos() && KMP
Date: 2007-08-07 21:45:38
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:19:53AM +0500, Pavel Ajtkulov wrote:

> > Do you have any performance test results for this?
>
> I describe the worst case in first message (search 'aaa..aab' in
> 'aa..aa', "complete" N^2). It works some msec instead of several sec
> (in current version).

You describe the test case but don't provide any results. Providing the
test case so others can duplicate your results is good, but you should
provide actual results as well. You should also make sure to test any
cases where performance would actually degrade so we can see what that
looks like (though I don't know if that's an issue in this case).
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby decibel(at)decibel(dot)org