Re: protocol, md5 authentication

From: James William Pye <pgsql(at)jwp(dot)name>
To: Josh Close <narshe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: protocol, md5 authentication
Date: 2006-02-22 18:55:16
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 10:53:45AM -0600, Josh Close wrote:
> Where would that be, in the postgres source? And what file? I'm really not
> too familiar with C.

Yes, in PostgreSQL's source distribution(or CVS).

src/interfaces/libpq

libpq-auth.c seems like a good place to start. Look for md5 in that file and
follow that around.

> Yeah, I love Python. That is actually the way I'm sending it also. I'm
> connecting via .NET though. I'll have to double check some things.

I guessed that you were developing a driver. If that is the case, then I am
pretty sure that that should be working. Additionally, make sure the password
you are trying works when you connect with trusty ol' psql.

If you are not writing a driver, then this should, imo, already be taken care of
[by the driver you are using].
--
Regards, James William Pye