Re: OS Locale UTF-8

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OS Locale UTF-8
Date: 2005-04-12 13:25:22
Lists: pgsql-patches

Am Dienstag, 12. April 2005 01:24 schrieb Simon Riggs:
> Attached patch adds UTF-8 as a synonym for UTF8, so initdb works again
> without needing to specify an encoding, just like it used to.

Well, to redeem myself, the whole thing got screwed up by some mindless
editing during the great encoding renaming:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/bin/initdb/initdb.c.diff?r1=1.76;r2=1.77

We just need to revert the wrong parts of that patch, not add anything.

--
Peter Eisentraut