Re: about uppercase

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Leo Liou" <lioul(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: about uppercase
Date: 2004-12-29 03:31:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Monday 27 December 2004 22:14, Leo Liou wrote:
> Hello, I'm a newbie at using Postgresql.
> I have a huge problem at using uppercase and lowercase.
>
> My question is if there is any possible way to set
> my Postgresql7.4.3 to uppercase?
> I mean if it's possible to set the DB server so that when i
> create a new table without double-quote at tablename and
> column name, i get a table with uppercase tablename and
> column name.
> I'm using Postgresql7.4.3 at WinXP SP1.

The short answer is no, you'll have to double quote or live with lower casing.

The longer answer is that it is possible to hack the source code and then
recompile it, however no one has ever claimed to have run such a change in
any type of production system and there are several theories about things
that would break under such a configuration.

--
Robert Treat