Problem with PostgreSQL JDBC driver

From: Németh György <gyorgy(dot)nemeth(at)eduware(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with PostgreSQL JDBC driver
Date: 2004-10-17 18:27:33
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all!

Firstly I'd like to apologize for my bad English.

Secondly I have a serious problem. I use Eclipse 3.1M2, JDK 1.4, Hibernate
Synchronizer, PostgreSQL 8.0 beta 3 server. And the problem is:

I have a database with 264 tables and many connections between the tables. I
use hibernate synchronizer to generate hbm.xml files and from them the java
classes. I tried 5 or 6 JDBC drivers to generate the hbm.xml files but all
the time I encountered a bad generation of <set> tags of the xmls. It seems
to me that synchronizer generates random amount of <set> tags and leaving
out few one-to-many connections. I should have exactly 38 sets (references
between tables) but after the generation I had only 8 or 11 or 16 <set>
tags. As I said if I regenerate with the same parameters (no changes
applied) then I would get a different amount of <set> tags. I don't know
really what's the reason of this misterious error. Maybe someone knows the
answer. I hope you understand my problem. :)

Thanks for reading (and answering as well)

György Németh

---