Re: Server unreliability

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Server unreliability
Date: 2004-09-29 18:15:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Basically, with no money and no one offering servers, I don't see a
> good solution to any of these problems, but I think we need to
> recognize these are problems and that we will continue to suffer
> until they are addressed.

I'm sure people would offer money, servers, and pipes if there were some
public accounting and governance. Right now, we don't really know

- What services are being run?
- How many resources does that take?
- Who provides those resources?
- Who administers these services?

Take a look at this: <http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi>. This is the
sort of thing we need before we can continue planning our system
resources.

--
Peter Eisentraut