INITDB

From: "Chris Holmes Co UK" <chris(at)hctechnologies(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Chris Holmes (E-mail)'" <chris(at)hctechnologies(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: INITDB
Date: 2004-06-07 12:14:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Okay.. totally a windows person... But I need to play around with postgresql
for a customer.... So downloaded 7.5 followed the instructions down to the
initdb -L (or -D) then path to database....

I get "this application failed to start because libpq.dll was not found,
re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I have tried just that- I even tried just executing initdb and got same
result.

Any help would be appreciated as its seems that if I succeed the rest of the
project could provide good testing for the coders
Chris
Chris Holmes TD
H&C Technologies Ltd
Tel +44 (0) 870 429 5260
Fax +44 (0) 870 429 5261
Chris(at)hctechnologies(dot)net
www.hctechnologies.net
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the named recipient, you must not use,
disclose, reproduce, copy or distribute the contents of this communication.
If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and then
delete this email from your system.
VIRUS WARNING
The contents of any attachment to this email may contain software viruses
which could damage your own computer system.
While H&C Technologies Ltd has taken reasonable precautions to minimise this
risk, it cannot accept liability for any damage which you suffer as a result
of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment

Attachment Content-Type Size
winmail.dat application/ms-tnef 4.2 KB

  • Re: INITDB at 2004-06-07 12:32:45 from Andrew Dunstan