Re: SIGPIPE handling

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Manfred Spraul <manfred(at)colorfullife(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SIGPIPE handling
Date: 2004-01-08 16:04:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

Manfred Spraul wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

> >>+ /*
> >>+ * We could lose a signal during this test.
> >>+ * In a multi-threaded application, this might
> >>+ * be a problem. Do any non-threaded platforms
> >>
> Threaded or non-threaded?

OK, yea, I will use threaded.

> >>+ * lack sigaction()?
> >>+ */
> >>
> Additionally, the problem is not restricted to multithreaded apps:
> signal(,SIG_IGN) clears all pending signals.

Oh, yuck. Would SIG_DFL be better here? I am thinking of adding
sigblock into that code on the assumption that if they have signal(),
they have sigblock(). Should we disable threaded builds unless they
have sigaction()?

I suppose the sigblock() would take care of the pending signal problem
too.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us