Stored Procedures and compiling

From: Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlynes(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stored Procedures and compiling
Date: 2003-03-07 21:21:09
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello.

I am curious if there is any planned support for full stored procedure
compiling? I've seen that PostgreSQL does not compile the SQL code inside
plpgsql code. It is merely interpreted when the procedure gets called. This
is also documented in the main html documentation.

What I am wondering specifically is if stored procedure compiling will work
similar to Oracle's stored procedure compilation in the future?

Thanks