pgsql-cygwin

From: "Richard Wooding" <richard(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: carlos(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za, colin(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za
Subject: pgsql-cygwin
Date: 2003-02-17 14:02:03
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

On the following two configurations:

Intel P4, 512Mb Memory, 20Gb Hard Drive
Windows2000 Pro, Service Pack 2
postgresql 7.2.1-2
cygwin dll 1.3.12-2
ipc daeomon 1.11-1

Intel P4, 512Mb Memory, 20Gb Hard Drive
Windows2000 Pro, Service Pack 2
postgresql 7.3.1-2
cygwin dll 1.3.20-1
ipc daemon 1.13

We are experiencing the following error:

---> Start Log file
DEBUG: recycled transaction log file 0000000400000015
DEBUG: recycled transaction log file 0000000400000016
DEBUG: recycled transaction log file 0000000400000017
ERROR: cannot read block 0 of modem_pkey: Permission denied
NOTICE: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function modem_updatesignalstrength
NOTICE: line 7 at SQL statement
ERROR: cannot read block 0 of modem_pkey: Permission denied
NOTICE: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function modem_updatesignalstrength
NOTICE: line 7 at SQL statement
DEBUG: mdblindwrt: write() failed: Permission denied
ERROR: cannot write block 262 of 16557/16572 blind: Permission denied
NOTICE: Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function modem_updatesignalstrength
NOTICE: line 7 at SQL statement
ERROR: cannot extend messages: Permission denied.
Check free disk space.
FATAL 2: write of log file 4, segment 24, offset 12312576 failed: Permission denied
DEBUG: server process (pid 2324) exited with exit code 2
DEBUG: terminating any other active server processes
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
NOTICE: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
DEBUG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=2048000, 03600) failed: Not enough core

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 2048000 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 100) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 50).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.
--> End log file

Could this error be related to file permissions and / or NT security? The reason I am asking is because the error only appears to occur when the NT server is on a domain, when it is off a domain the error does not occur.

Does NTSEC have a bearing on pgsql-cygwin, should it be turned on/off when running cygwin?

Does NTEA have a bearing on pgsql-cygwin, should it be turned on on/off when running cygwin?

Regards
Richard Wooding
richard(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za