Re: RI Constraint display

From: elein <elein(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, elein(at)varlena(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RI Constraint display
Date: 2002-12-28 23:07:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Then this is a distinction between the trigger name and
the constraint name? The trigger name is RI_ConstraintTrigger_437278
(or some such oid). The trigger is the implementation of the constraint
so the trigger name is what I had expected to see.

Almost all of the system generated names, sequences, triggers, etc,
have constructed names. $n for constrain names seems like an anomaly.

elein

elein(at)varlena(dot)com Database Consulting www.varlena.com