Re: Newbie confused about pg_hba/md5 and password field

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Scott Dunbar <scott(at)xigole(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Newbie confused about pg_hba/md5 and password field
Date: 2002-08-21 17:03:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Sorry, this seems impossible: libpq's PQsetdbLogin() doesn't allow MD5
passwords? You shouldn't have to do anything special; it should just
accept the password.PQconnectdb() has the same handling as
PQsetdbLogin().

Is it possible your libpq version is older than 7.2.1?

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us