Re: Please help

From: Ferdinand Smit <ferdinand(at)telegraafnet(dot)nl>
To: Mr OCP <mr_ocp(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help
Date: 2001-11-20 15:44:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Mike,

> Can anyone help me write a trigger on a table, I have
> created an audit table for a table and what I want
> trigger to do is to whenever a record is deleted from
> the table it should first be inserted into the audit
> table, just to keep track of whatever records are
> deleted.

Is this something ?? This archives my adres changes.

/* Archive function */
DROP FUNCTION fn_archive();
CREATE FUNCTION fn_archive() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN
/* TG_OP is the function (UPDATE, DELETE, SELECT) */
INSERT INTO adres_archive
VALUES (OLD.name,OLD.adres,OLD.tel,current_user,now(),tg_opt);
NEW.modtime := ''now'';
END IF;

RETURN NEW;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

/* Archive trigger */
DROP TRIGGER tr_archive ON adres;
CREATE TRIGGER tr_adres_archive BEFORE UPDATE OR DELETE
ON adres FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE fn_archive ();

Ferdinand Smit