RE: PostgreSQL on Win/2K

From: Kian Parsee <kparsee(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: PostgreSQL on Win/2K
Date: 2001-07-11 15:12:27
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

localhost seems to be defined correctly. psql-h
127.0.0.1 template1 gives me the same error:

kparsee(at)BFTTDEMO /usr/local/pgsql/bin
$ psql -h 127.0.0.1 template1
pq_flush: send() failed: Invalid argument
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file,
not a socket
psql: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly.
This probably means the backend terminated
abnormally
before or while processing the request.

kparsee(at)BFTTDEMO /usr/local/pgsql/bin

and port 5432 seems to be listening when I look at it
using netstat -a.

Thanks,
Kian
--- "Henshall, Stuart - WCP"