Re: patch for spelling mistake

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch for spelling mistake
Date: 2001-07-11 03:01:39
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > Tom is right, diff -c is best, though in the patch you applied, there is
> > no chance for error so I can accept it. You have unique previous text
> > for each change.
>
> Sorry about that -- and thanks for the tip (Tom & Bruce).
>
> I've remade the patch using the make_diff tools -- that seems to
> produce the preferred the format. The updated patch is below.
>
> I'm going to add this info to the Developer's FAQ, but it seems like
> there are 2 copies -- one plaintext and one HTML: it seems as though
> they are updated simultaneously (according to the CVS logs anyway).
> Which version should I make changes to? Both? Are they generated from
> a single source document somewhere?

I have updated the developers FAQ to mentiton diff -c when I mention
make_diff. The proces of updateing this file involves using lyx to
convert the html to text, cvs commiting both, and then logging into he
main server, cvs update, then copy the faq's to the web directory. I
can be more specific if people are interested.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us