Re: pgmonitor on solaris

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roberto João Lopes Garcia <roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgmonitor on solaris
Date: 2001-03-26 16:21:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

OK, my guess is that it is failing on these two lines:

gsub(\"\\\\(\[\^\\\\)\]*\\\\)\",\"\",cmd); # remove entries around parens, (), *BSD
gsub(\"\^\[\^:\]*:\",\"\",cmd); # remove command with colon, cmd:, Linux

Can you confirm that adding a # to the front of each lines prevents the
error. If so, can you find out from the manual pages if your awk
version supports gsub, and if it doesn't, can you send me a copy of the
manual page so I can find a work around. gsub in gawk says:

gsub(r, s [, t]) for each substring matching the
regular expression r in the string
t, substitute the string s, and
return the number of substitu-
tions. If t is not supplied, use