RE: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possib le?

From: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: "'Clark, Joel'" <jclark(at)lendingtree(dot)com>, "'Tony Simopoulos'" <karkalis(at)earthling(dot)net>, Oscar Serrano <oserra(at)fondos(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: 2 computers 1hd 2 postgres daemons. Is it possib le?
Date: 2000-10-17 08:33:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I think the problem is going to be how the two postgresql installations are
going to react to each other running on the same files at the same time.

I have a feeling there's going to be some horrible file locking but even
worse memory buffer problems lurking in there. If one backend writes to a
page, and the other also writes to the same page before the first has
flushed it's buffers, you'll end up with a corrupt table.

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support Officer, Maidstone Borough Council