Re: [HACKERS] current- crash

From: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: root(at)totum(dot)plaut(dot)de (Michael Reifenberger)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] current- crash
Date: 1998-09-21 02:20:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi,
> I can easily crash the backend of current- postgres on current- FreeBSD with
> Anyone else?
>
> Bye!
> ----
> Michael Reifenberger
> Plaut Software GmbH, R/3 Basis
> CREATE TABLE b (begt datetime, kid int4);
> CREATE TABLE a (kid int4);
> CREATE TABLE c (a int4, b varchar(30), c int4);
> CREATE INDEX b_0 on b using btree ( begt datetime_ops );
> CREATE INDEX b_1 on b using btree ( kid int4_ops );
> CREATE INDEX a_0 on a using btree ( kid int4_ops );
> COPY b FROM stdin;
> \.
> COPY a FROM stdin;
> \.
> COPY c FROM stdin;
> 1 foo 1
> 2 foo bar 2
> 3 \N 3
> 4 \\serverla 4
> \.
> explain SELECT a.kid as foo
> FROM a, b WHERE
> a.kid = b.kid AND
> ( b.kid = 23 OR
> b.kid = 36 );

This is a known problem, and is going on the open items list. The
problem is the new OR indexing code, and an attempt to test for a
MERGEJOIN where it really should not be. I can see why it is happening,
and will have to research it.

--
Bruce Momjian | 830 Blythe Avenue
maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us | Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026