Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete
Date: 2010-02-25 00:04:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 14:20 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Since Kevin suggested this in his first post and I agreed with that in
> > the first paragraph of my first post, I think you've wasted a lot of
> > time here going in circles. 42 posts, more than a dozen people. I
> think
>
> Please tone down the hostility, Simon. I don't think talking about an
> issue I encountered while testing is a waste of anyone's time, it's
> how we improve the software. In fact, I'm hoping that potential
> testers are noticing the drubbing you're getting over this, because
> belittling anyone's bug reports is not exactly a good way to attract
> new testers to the project.

Saying "its not a bug" doesn't belittle your bug report. Your first
report was not time wasting, but talking endlessly about a subject that
you've had clear replies on becomes time wasting. As I've said many
times now, this isn't even an 9.0 issue. Expressing that opinion is not
hostility.

I'm not sure why you think *I* am receiving a drubbing? You made a
mistake on a demo, filed a bug report and wouldn't listen to people
telling you its not a bug. I admire your attempts at oneupmanship.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com