Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby: Relation-specific deferred conflict resolution
Date: 2010-01-29 14:18:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 11:33 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I even *fixed* that already, but you decided to take it out before
> committing. I then added it to the list of must-fix items in the TODO
> list, but you took that out too. I have no objection to doing things
> in smaller steps, but this *is* a must-fix item before release. I
> still don't understand why you took it out, nor why you're objecting
> to that.

This is a misrepresentation of what has happened. The item you mention
was added to the TODO by me in response to your comments and has never
been removed at any point; it is still there now. You added a duplicate
and the duplicate was removed. I removed code that you mentioned was
buggy because I don't have time to fix it and it is not high enough up
the priority list. We have discussed all of these things before yet you
raise them again as if those things have never been said.

I am working on TODO in a priority order. The priority list has changed
over time in response to comments received from both you and other
people. I understand you don't like my current sequence of actions and
I'm sorry for that. I am trying to be rational and balance what has been
said to me for the benefit of the community from all stakeholders and
have consulted widely to gather thoughts.

I am more than happy for other people to work on items on the list, as
Joachim and Andres have done.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com