Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org
Date: 2008-06-12 17:02:55
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 10:26 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008 23:20:45 Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 22:58 -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 10 June 2008 03:58:40 Dave Page wrote:

> > OSCON and PGCON are responsible for their own promotion. As pgfoundry is
> > an official PostgreSQL supported project, it deserves more face time
> > than either of those two. One option would be to have:

> We
> should be promoting those events that rally our existing community and help
> raise exposure for Postgres outside of the community, no matter who runs
> them.

Uhh yeah... O.k. then I want CMD to have a big splash across the screen,
let's not forget EDB and Truviso. :P

Seriously though, I wasn't suggesting we not list OSCON or PGCON, but
they can be listed in events and news and they can blog and we can grab
their feeds, we don't need to give them "special" attention.

Special attention should be limited specifically to community. That is
how you are going to drive a larger community, by reinforcing the
community itself. Not by becoming advertising space.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake