Re: referential integrity violation - key referenced from

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Luiz Henrique" <luizhwk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Jim Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>, "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: referential integrity violation - key referenced from
Date: 2006-08-22 21:18:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Luiz Henrique" <luizhwk(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On 8/21/06, Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com> wrote:
>> What version are you using? In recent versions, indexes are supposed
>> to be safe from corruption, even through crashes.

> It's Postgresql 7.2.1, installed with stable version of Debian Woody, at the
> time.

7.2.1 is ancient and has a very long list of known bugs. We officially
abandoned support for the 7.2.* branch more than a year ago, upon
finding some bugs that were simply not practical to fix in that branch.

If you must keep using 7.2.*, at least get yourself onto 7.2.8, the last
of that series. But you'd be doing yourself a real favor by expending
a little more effort and moving to a current release series ---
preferably 8.1.*.