Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 16396
Date: 2005-01-15 21:06:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> belay that one ... my error, wasn't doin ghte reindex right ... fixed the
> pg_class issue, but still have one with the email table itself in
> multi-user:

> restore=# select * from email;
> ERROR: catalog is missing 3 attribute(s) for relid 5773277

> but, have an idea I'm going to try one that one ...

Doh. You'd also need to update pg_attribute.attrelid ... and probably
pg_index entries that reference the toast tables ...

I think that you should just be thinking in terms of getting to the
point where you can pg_dump successfully, and then load the data into a
new database. You'll never be able to get all the catalogs perfectly
right.