Re: simple insert operation

From: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>
To: Aydın Toprak <aydin(dot)toprak(at)intengo(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: simple insert operation
Date: 2005-09-08 08:17:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Aydin,

You're obviously beginner at Java too :-)

The problem has nothing to do with JDBC, you must catch the Java
exceptions which are declared to be thrown by the methods you use (the
compilation error message is quite explicit about which ones), or
declare them to be thrown by your code. Look up some Java tutorial,
and/or use an intelligent IDE which highlights you the errors and
possibly fixes them too automatically... IntelliJ is a good one (not
free).

Other than that, from a superficial check, I guess your code is Ok.

Cheers,
Csaba.