Re: additional GCC warning flags

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: additional GCC warning flags
Date: 2004-10-19 01:59:10
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 21:43, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> FYI, I also use:
>
> -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
>
> locally. I think -Wcast-align throws errors on some platforms and can't
> be use generally.

-Wpointer-arith might be worth enabling. I'll add it to the GCC CFLAGS
in the next patch I send in.

As you said, -Wcast-align can't be enabled in general at the moment
because it flags a ton of warnings on certain platforms (at least on
IA64, probably other 64-bit platforms as well). I remember there were
some vague rumblings that fixing these issues, but I haven't heard
anything about that lately.

-Neil