Re: Distributions which contain postgresql

From: Jeff Self <jself(at)nngov(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributions which contain postgresql
Date: 2004-05-05 14:15:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 18:27, elein wrote:
> I'm looking for a semi-definitive list of
> os distributions which contain postgresql
> by default.
>
> RedHat, SuSE, Debian and cygwin all seem to have
> it. Does anyone know of others, if any?
>

> Thanks,
>
> elein

PostgreSQL isn't installed on Mac OS X but it can be installed quite
easily using Marc Liyanage's package which can be found here:
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

PostgreSQL is not included in Mac OS X Server either. But MySQL is
included. This could be a blessing in disguise though. Apple tends to
not update packages between OS releases. It would be wiser to use Marc's
package instead.

--
Jeff Self
Dept. of Information Technology