Re: [Fwd: Today please request for a PostgreSQL

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Today please request for a PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-04-11 14:19:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 01:23, Justin Clift wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does someone want to say Hi to Jason Sheets here, and let him know about the licensing of the manuals, etc?
>
> Also, as I'm withdrawing my efforts from the PostgreSQL project we need someone else to take over the receiving of these emails from the Advocacy site.
>
> Josh, I think it would suit you, but not sure if it's your kind of thing.
>
> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Well, here's my stab at it, posted only to the group until it's decided
who should be sending a response.

----

Mr. Sheets,

For questions regarding copyright and licensing we always recommend
people contact an attorney for binding legal advice. That said, I don't
see any potential problems with the use that you have outlined below.
Both the PostgreSQL source code and documentation are licensed under the
BSD license, which gives users the right "to use, copy, modify, and
distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose, without
fee, and without a written agreement" provided our copyright notices and
disclaimers appear in all copies. You can find a copy of the license at
http://www.postgresql.org/licence.html

If you have any questions while creating your training guide please feel
free to ask questions to one of the PostgreSQL mailing lists, and when
you are done we would be happy to help you make the guide publicly
available through one of the PostgreSQL websites.

Robert Treat
PostgreSQL Advocacy Team