Re: Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Colin Mangiagalli <colin(at)camara(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Incorrect date/time returned by current_timestamp
Date: 2002-06-04 13:08:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 14:22, Colin Mangiagalli wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I am using postgresql 7.2.1 with cygwin under W2K. I have noticed that
> when I start postmaster, current_timestamp
> returns the correct time, but as time goes by, the value returned by
> current_timestamp gets further and further
> from the current system time.
>
> Can someone please tell me why this is and what I can do to fix it.

Within one transaction, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP always returns the same time;
this is by design. I have never used PostgreSQL under Windows, but I do
not think that there is anything Windows-specific about the behaviour
you are seeing; you must have a transaction open.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

"But without faith it is impossible to please him; for
he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and
that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek
him." Hebrews 11:6