Re: ODBC problem/question

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Michael Meskes" <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Hacker" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC problem/question
Date: 2002-09-10 20:40:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Hi Michael,

There are currently 3 variants of the driver.

PostgreSQL - This is the current ODBC 2.5 compliant driver.
PostgreSQL+ - This is a development version that is ODBC 3.0 compliant.
PostgreSQL+ Unicode - This is PostgreSQL+ with Unicode support.

We are aiming for PostgreSQL+ Unicode to be the only driver as soon as
possible, but due to the way ODBC3 and Unicode support were added (ie.
quickly, to solve immediate problems), we (Hiroshi & I) felt it was best
to keep them seperate until we were sure of their reliability.

Currently, PostgreSQL+ seems pretty good as, does the Unicode version,
though that is still missing some features iirc.

HTH, Regards, Dave.