Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New PostgreSQL search resource

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] New PostgreSQL search resource
Date: 2004-01-17 09:48:07
Lists: pgsql-www

That was going to be my next experiment should the current one not work
out!

The only other potential solution I've found so far is ASPSeek
(http://www.aspseek.org/) which claims to be efficient for massive
searches, but that's MySQL/Oracle only, so unless we can write a
PostgreSQL interface for it that's out. (mind you, I took a quick look
and it looks like all the db stuff is abstracted out into a single file
for each db so that might not be too difficult).

Regards, Dave.