Re: SSL, Crypt in ODBC

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Jim" <jim(at)fortunet(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL, Crypt in ODBC
Date: 2003-01-22 08:25:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim [mailto:jim(at)fortunet(dot)com]
Sent: 21 January 2003 22:54
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ODBC] SSL, Crypt in ODBC

I did some small search, and found little information... Windows
ODBC does not support SSL connections? and I can't seem to get it to
even use 'crypt' as the authentication option in the server (and have a
Windows ODBC client successfully connect)....

So this leaves me with 'password' authentication, and that and
all other information transmitted in clear text?

Use MD5. Iirc crypt is deprecated.

So if these observations are accuate.. is there any plans to
implement SSL in the windows ODBC driver?

Not that I'm aware of, though it would be nice.

Regards, Dave.