Re: [pgadmin-support] [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III 1.2.0 Released

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Max Khon" <fjoe(at)samodelkin(dot)net>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] [ANNOUNCE] pgAdmin III 1.2.0 Released
Date: 2005-02-22 01:07:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Max.

From: "Max Khon" <fjoe(at)samodelkin(dot)net>

> I found a bug in FreeBSD libc which prevented Unicode-enabled wxWidgets
> from working properly. I committed a fix to FreeBSD CVS (HEAD) and will
> merge the change back to RELENG_5 after two weeks.

Oh, I believe that patch-kit is very wonderful. I didn't have time to touch them recently.
However, You met our expectation perfectly.:-) You are a great engineer..!
I was very busy with the preparation for the commemoration seminar of PostgreSQL8.0.
See.
http://itpro.nikkeibp.co.jp/free/ITPro/NEWS/20050218/156392/
(Sorry, It is Japanese)
Thanks Dave.:-)

> pgadmin3 from FreeBSD ports (ports/databases/pgadmin3) now works properly.
> pkg-message contains information which FreeBSD versions has fixed libc and
> where to get patch for versions with broken libc.

We should find it.

> I have a few questions:
> - Does unicode-enabled pgadmin3 work correctly in non-Latin-1 single-byte
> encoding locales (e.g. ru_RU.KOI8-R)? It does not for me on FreeBSD 5.3.
> Does it work on other platforms (e.g. Linux)?

I understand only Ja_JP.UTF-8.:-) Can anyone except for me confirm it?

> - Have you experienced user input problems (non-Latin-1 characters can not
> be entered)?

Hmm, I am not clear though I thinks whether it is an IME-Setting problem.

> - if column data contains non-ASCII characters pgadmin3 shows empty
> columns in result set for me. Can this happen because database encoding
> is set to SQL_ASCII?

Hm, You must take it into consideration as follows when a multi-byte set is used.
example-Japanese)

bsd2% initdb -E EUC_JP --no-locale
bsd2% LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 pgadmin3

regards,