Re: ipc-daemon initdb postmaster

From: <gnudev(at)ozemail(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Jason Tishler" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ipc-daemon initdb postmaster
Date: 2001-10-01 15:30:30
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hey Jason,

> > Yes, I have many unanswered questions. Things from some lists such as
> > "You're way out of your depth" are very unhelpful, also...
>
> I hope that I didn't imply the above.

No, no. It wasn't a shot at you at all. I was referring to Alan Cox on the
kernel mailing list... ;-) I should have said so.

> > SE with updates, from the CD MS sends out to everyone who bought an
upgrade
> > from Windows 95. My system seems to be Windows 95 patched to be Windows
98
> > patched to be Windows 98 SE patched to be Windows 98 SE with updates.
;-P

> Maybe the constant upgrades left a turd? :,) I never upgrade -- instead
> I wipe and replace...

Hahahaha!!! Yes, I think so. Diarrhoea from the bad end of Windows. I
recently (3 days ago) wiped and replaced, but the windows 98 SE CD wouldn't
let me install things like SQL Server, so I had to wipe and reinstall
windows 95, then do the upgrades, to get all the software I wanted
installed.

I wonder what I can do to get cygwin happening with pgsql? Wince...
whimper.... I miss my Windows NT 4... :-( There's no way I can afford to
buy a new copy unless I get it second hand, yes I might do that. The
benefits outweigh the inconvenience of reinstalling everything all over
again.

James