Re: postgresql on windows xp

From: "George Weaver" <georgew1(at)mts(dot)net>
To: "Daya Kiran Sunkara" <sdayakiran(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql on windows xp
Date: 2003-03-16 12:28:20
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi Daya;

To install postgresql as a service in XP it must be started by a user with a
password, and the password can't be blank. Make sure you define a user name
and password in the cygrunsrv command when you install postgresql as a
service. If a postmaster.log file exists in "c:\cygwin\var\log" directory,
delete or rename it (this assumes that you've named the service
"postmaster"). Then go to the services menu (Start > Settings > Control
Panel > Administrative Tools > Services), and locate the postmaster service
in the listing of services. Right click on the postmaster service and
choose Properties, then the "Log on" tab. Choose "This account:" and enter
the appropriate login name and password. If you started XP with this user
name and id, you should now be able to start the service. If you haven't
started XP with this user name and password, do so, and the service should
start automatically when you log in.

HTH
George