This is a direct hire position with a client in Dallas Texas.
MUST BE US CITIZEN.. NO RELO.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; Develop methods for monitoring
database capacity and usage.
- Develop stored procedures and database triggers in support of application
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the
database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production
database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized
and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases.
- Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (e.g. Vacuum, Reindexing,
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Responsible for query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- PostgreSQL 8.3+ experience required.
- Candidate must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication
- Candidate must have experience in PostgreSQL database architecture,
logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell
scripting, PL/ SQL programming, backup and recovery.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Linux.
- Strong understanding of command line and server administration.
- Knowledge of shell scripting (e.g. bash, perl)
- Understanding of PHP and web application framework
Have a great day!
S & B Consulting Group
Direct: 972 536 3585
See my recommendations from other contractors via my linked in Profile:
***** Ask me about the referral fee for Passive Candidates*****
Please remember to support our troops!
Responsive, Resourceful, and Results
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: jigar shah||Date: 2010-11-10 01:03:17|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Database Administrator (san mateo)|
|Previous:||From: Amy K. Farrell||Date: 2010-10-08 02:36:34|
|Subject: Re: Fwd: [pgsql-jobs] Experienced Postgresql DBA in Portland,