query returning no lines

From: "Guido Notari" <gnotari(at)linkgroup(dot)it>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: query returning no lines
Date: 2001-10-16 14:23:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have a rather nasty problem with pgAdmin, verified today when I
installed version .59
On reinstalling version .34, I verified having the same problem --
didn't notice it before...

The problem is, on executing an 'arbitrary SQL query', a rather complex
one, I continue to obtain a dialog box stating 'Query Executed OK!',
with no lines returned.

Exactly the same query, executed on the same database, returns 8 rows
both in psql and in pgaccess -- verified copying and pasting it, reading
it from the same file, etc, etc.

I'm rather lost, am I overlooking something, or...?

Ciao
Guido