Postgres Python API problem

From: "Ruby Murillo" <rmurillo(at)vistagen-inc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres Python API problem
Date: 2005-06-23 20:28:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

We keep getting this message:

import pgdb

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packsges/pgdb.py:56: RuntimeWarning:
Python C API version mismatch for module _pg: This Python has API version
1012,

module _pg has version 1011

import pg

/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packsges/pgdb.py:8: RuntimeWarning:
Python C API version mismatch for module _pg: This Python has API version
1012,

module _pg has version 1011

I have installed Postgres 3 years from RPM and just included
python(2.2) in the installation. This time I need to use python but then I
keep getting this

Warning/error message.

Please let me know if this is a bug or is this just a warning. I
currently have postgres and being access by my perl appl and don't want to
mess with it.

So if you could guide me on how I could make my python up-to-date to the
API, that would be great.

Thanks,

Ruby