JDBC2 - DataSource implementation missing.

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC2 - DataSource implementation missing.
Date: 2000-05-31 14:49:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

As I'm evaluating Castor(castor.exolab.org) for use with PostgreSQL I
noticed that the current release is missing a datasource
implementation. From reading the archives and correspondence with Assaf
Arkin I know that there is an implementation of this, but it would be very
nice if it were integrated into the JDBC driver shipped with pgsql. Some of
Arkins code is indeed there(look in org.postgresql.xa), but the crucial
org.postgresql.PostgresqlDataSource is missing.

So I have to resort to using Arkins modified jdbc driver for this, but this
is for an older version of the database. Has there been any changes to
the backend protocol or should this work just fine ?

regards,

Gunnar