Re: RFC: Grants

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFC: Grants
Date: 2008-08-05 21:58:38
Lists: pgus-general
Josh,

> I have had a phone call with our general counsel and he does not see
> problem with limiting grants to eligible members.

great, so that's out of the way.

I'm noting, though, that this scheme -- my members, for members --
would mean that we would still need SPI for "general fundraising".  For
example, some corporate donors would not be comfortable donating to an
organization where only paid members were eligible for grants.  Was
that your plan ... to continue to use both, actively?

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL
San Francisco 415-752-2500