Re: Help for incremental backup

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Neeraj <neeraj(at)intelesoftech(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help for incremental backup
Date: 2002-04-30 16:51:50
Lists: pgsql-novice
Neeraj,

>  I m using POSTGRESQL as backend.I need to take the INCREMENTAL
> backup
> of the database.But I am unable to find any way to fulfill my
> requirement.So its a request to you to help me in this case.
> I will be thankful for this..

PostgreSQL does not support incremental backups.  As even a 200mb
database in Postgres can be backed up in < 15 minutes, without shutting
down the database, there has not been any reason to implement
incremental backups.

Please describe what you are trying to accomplish, and maybe we can
reccommend a backup strategy which will fulfill your needs.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com